The Chatterbox Seat has been designed in collaboration with mental health advocate, Emily Turnbull, with the aim to build awareness and remove the stigma around mental health by encouraging people to take a seat and connect through conversation.
A wide, double platform-style seat with a comfortable backrest and featuring a striking Chatterbox decal, it also includes signage providing people with a helpline number for individuals seeking support from trained counselors.
Designed to build awareness and help remove the stigma around mental health, the first Chatterbox Seat was installed at Point Chevallier beach in Auckland in time for the 2022 Mental Health Awareness Week, with the support of the Auckland Council and the Albert-Eden Board.
Continuing this advocacy, Emily and Urban Effects are calling on other councils to follow Auckland Council’s lead and take the simple, easy step of installing their own Chatterbox Seat to encourage people to connect through conversation.
For every Chatterbox Seat installed, Urban Effects will donate the cost of a counselling session to I Am Hope, Mike King’s mental health charity that provides free counselling and mental health education for young people nationwide.
- Customisable with Liffiton Edge Accessory
- Environmental Credentials
- Lifetime Structural Warranty
- Part of a Range
Features & Benefits
- Made from hardwood timber and HDG frames.
- 1.5 x 1.5m double platform bench
- Includes Chatterbox Seat with back and arm rest (Colour: Blue Wedgewood).
- Includes Chatterbox triangular corner plaque with mental health messaging.
- Delivered fully assembled including ground bolts.
- Additional edge corner (up to 2 additional edge corners)
- Additional edge corner with custom design pattern or cutouts
- Urban and rural settings
- Schools and universities